Rated by Super Lawyers 
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice. Facebook Twitter Linked In
Eve Guillergan PLLC
Call now: (212)-279-9020
875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 17-03; New York, NY 10001; Fax: (212)-202-5064

EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers

The EB-3 classification includes individuals with at least two years experience as skilled workers, professionals with bachelors' degrees and the following: aliens with at least two years of experience as skilled workers; professionals with a baccalaureate degree; and other workers with less skills who can contribute abilities unavailable in the U.S.

The process

Your employer should file-with CIS Form I-140 Petition for Alien Worker with the CIS Regional Service Center that has jurisdiction over the location of your employment. EB-3 petitions also require an approved Labor Certification from the Department of Labor in advance.


Skilled workers should have at least two years experience, either through hands-on experience or through post-secondary education.
Professionals should have either a U.S. bachelor's degree or a foreign equivalent degree.