Rated by Super Lawyers 
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice. Facebook Twitter Linked In
Eve Guillergan PLLC
Call now: (212)-279-9020
875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 17-03; New York, NY 10001; Fax: (212)-202-5064

EB-4 Special Immigrants

The EB-4 classification includes religious workers and employees and former employees of the U.S. government abroad.

Process (Immigrant Religious Worker)

Your employer should file-with CIS Form I-360 with the CIS Regional Service Center that has jurisdiction over the location of your employment. You should have been working with your religious organization for at least two years. You should be entering the U.S. to work in one of the following capacities:
  1. As a minister or priest of your religious denomination
  2. In a professional capacity in a religious vocation or occupation for your religious organization (this requires a bachelor's degree or its equivalent).
  3. In a religious vocation or occupation for your religious organization or its nonprofit affiliate.

Documents (Immigrant Religious Worker)

Along with submitting Form I-360, you should provide the following documents.
  1. Proof that your religious organization is a non-profit organization.
  2.  A letter from an official of your religious organization in the U.S. stating that you have been a member of the denomination for at least two years, and that you have at least two years experience in your vocation or occupation. The letter should also state certain details about your particular type of vocation/occupation.
  3. This letter should also state how you will be paid for your work, and that you do not intend to supplement your income with a second job, or depend on charity for support.