Rated by Super Lawyers 
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice. Facebook Twitter Linked In
Eve Guillergan PLLC
Call now: (212)-279-9020
875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 17-03; New York, NY 10001; Fax: (212)-202-5064

Family Immigration Index

What we do for you

If your fiancÚ is abroad, we will assist you with the preparation of the documents (forms and supporting documents) for submission to the U.S. government. We will also troubleshoot any problems at the U.S. consulate. If you have a relative in the U.S., we will discuss the various document requirements with you, review your documents and then prepare a package for submission to the government.

If you and your spouse are in the U.S. and your case involves a foreign person marrying a U.S. citizen, then we will assist you in preparation of your greencard interview. Both of you will need to show that the marriage is genuine and not entered into to obtain immigration benefits. We will provide you with a list of documents to collect and then review those documents after you bring them to us. We will also go over the types of questions that may be asked at your interview. We will work with you until both you and your spouse are comfortable with the entire process. If you like, we can accompany you to the interview.

Due to the recent ruling of Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) in Supreme Court, USCIS now reviews immigration visa petitions filed on behalf of a same-sex spouse in the same manner as those filed on behalf of an opposite-sex spouse. If you and your same-sex spouse had married in states where it is legal to license same-sex marriage (See), you are able to sponsor your spouse for permanent residence.