Rated by Super Lawyers 
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice. Facebook Twitter Linked In
Eve Guillergan PLLC
Call now: (212)-279-9020
875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 17-03; New York, NY 10001; Fax: (212)-202-5064

Change in Filing Locations for Fiance Petitions and Family Petitions

Aug 4, 2010

The USCIS has changed the filing locations for two popular family forms: Form I-129F, a Petition for an Alien Fiance(e), and Form I-130, Petition for an Alien Relative. The Petition for an Alien Fiance(e) is used by U.S. citizens to sponsor for foreign fiances. The Petition for an Alien Relative is used by American relatives to sponsor their foreign husband/wife, parent, brother/sister, or child.

This change in filing location reflects an overall effort to transition the filing of benefit forms from USCIS Service Centers to USCIS Lockbox facilities. See attached. Change_Filing_Location_Family.pdf

As a general matter, individuals are advised to always check the USCIS website for the latest in form edition, filing fees and filing locations.

Mailing lists
If you would like to receive regular updates on Immigration news as well as news about our firm.

Please register on our mailing list.

Index Back to news items list