Rated by Super Lawyers 
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice. Facebook Twitter Linked In
Eve Guillergan PLLC
Call now: (212)-279-9020
875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 17-03; New York, NY 10001; Fax: (212)-202-5064

Customs and Border Patrol says you can't enter the US on a scanned passport

Jan 5, 2012

The US Customs and Border Patrol is trying to quell rumors that a traveler was allowed into the US solely using a scanned image of his passport on his iPad. If you're a US citizen and you are traveling internationally and are returning home you need to have your passport to reenter the US. If you forget your passport, the CBP can let you into the country at their discretion if you have other proof of citizenship such as your original birth certificate and driver's license but this is taking a huge risk as they can deny your entry. If you lose your passport while aboard it's best to visit a US embassy and request assistance.

See their press release.

Mailing lists
If you would like to receive regular updates on Immigration news as well as news about our firm.

Please register on our mailing list.

Index Back to news items list