Rated by Super Lawyers 
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice. Facebook Twitter Linked In
Eve Guillergan PLLC
Call now: (212)-279-9020
875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 17-03; New York, NY 10001; Fax: (212)-202-5064

Local USCIS Offices Will Forward EAD Applications to the Service Center

Aug 22, 2006

Starting September 1, 2006, the USCIS local offices will forward applications for employment authorization to the USCIS service centers or the National Benefits Centers. All Applications for Employment Authorization (Form I-765) must be filed at a service center or the National Benefits Center. The USCIS is implementing these changes as cards produced locally lack security features. Some local offices may at their discretion continue to accept some applications at their discretion.

The discontinuation of locally produced employment authorization cards will not prohibit customers from using InfoPass to schedule an appointment for an interim employment document when the USCIS hasn't adjudicated the original form I-765 within 90 days.

Customers are advised to apply for renewals 100 days prior to the expiration of their current cards. Please see the attached press release for further information.

Mailing lists
If you would like to receive regular updates on Immigration news as well as news about our firm.

Please register on our mailing list.

Index Back to news items list