Rated by Super Lawyers 
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice. Facebook Twitter Linked In
Eve Guillergan PLLC
Call now: (212)-279-9020
875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 17-03; New York, NY 10001; Fax: (212)-202-5064

Online Change of Address for Immigrants

Jan 12, 2007

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today launched a new web-based service allowing USCIS customers to submit change of address information online. All non-citizens in the United States are legally required to keep USCIS informed of any change of address within 10 days of their move by completing an Alien Change of Address Card (Form AR-11). Individuals with a pending immigration case should also notify USCIS of any change of address. This will ensure that customers receive notices or decisions related to their case in a timely manner.

USCIS processes more than one million change of address requests each year. The new online service will reduce processing time and improve customer service by providing immediate confirmation that USCIS has received the updated address information.

This is the first phase of this online system. Phase two, which is projected to launch sometime in May, will include additional customer service features, including allowing applicants with a pending naturalization application to report their change of address online. Until then, those individuals should continue to contact USCIS by telephone at 1-800-375-5283 to report their change of address. Before using the online change of address tool, users should have the following information available:

USCIS will continue to accept change of address cards through the mail.

Change of Address online is available on the UCSIS web site at: http://www.uscis.gov/AR-11

Mailing lists
If you would like to receive regular updates on Immigration news as well as news about our firm.

Please register on our mailing list.

Index Back to news items list